Level 4 Award in HACCP
Key Qualification Facts
As a Training Organisation,This course leads to certification in the Highfield Qualifications Level 4 Award in HACCP Management for Food Manufacturing (RQF).
Qualification number: 600/4918/2
Learning aim reference: 60041982
Credit value: 4
Assessment method: Written Assessment
This qualification is assessed by written examination with a total duration of 3 hours.
• Section 1 will be a critical evaluation of a HACCP plan in the form of a case study. Total marks available in this section are 90.
• Section 2 is a series of 3, short answer questions relating to a change made to the HACCP plan. Total marks available in this section are 10.
Marks from both sections of the exam will be added together to determine the learner’s grade. Learners will achieve a Pass at 60% overall, a Merit at 70% and a Distinction at 80%.
Guided learning hours (GLH): 30 GLH
Total qualification time (TQT): 40
There are no other formal entry requirements. However, learners should have English/Literacy skills to level 2 and it is recommended that Learners have completed Level 4 Food Safety and/or Level 3 HACCP.
This Qualification is available as a Classroom version.
How do I book onto the Course?
You can book your place on our website or Contact us on 02838 39 45 80
You can also email us at [email protected]
Discounts are available for multiple and group bookings.
1. Understand the importance of HACCP based food safety management procedures
1.1 Explain the HACCP approach to food safety management procedures
1.2 Review legislation relating to HACCP
2. Understand how to manage the implementation of HACCP based food safety management procedures
2.1 Analyse the allocation of resources, roles and responsibilities
2.2 Analyse the development requirements of the HACCP team
2.3 Explain the importance of effective communication
2.4 Determine staff training needs
3. Understand how to develop HACCP based food safety management procedures
3.1 Explain the pre-requisites for HACCP
3.2 Analyse food production processes including use of end product
3.3 Produce process flow diagrams
3.4 Determine hazards and risks in the production process
3.5 Determine critical control points, critical limits and corrective actions
4. Understand how to evaluate HACCP based food safety management procedures
4.1 Discuss the verification and review of procedures
4.2 Explain documentation and record keeping procedures
- Advice services
- Community development
- Health and wellbeing
- Volunteer development
- Young people