Level 3: Documentary Photography
This practical, hands-on course is designed for intermediates, and those who have completed or are already familiar with the topics covered in ‘Level 1: Introduction To Your Digital Camera’ and ‘Level 2: Develop Your Photography Skills’.
Documentary photography follows a single topic or story in-depth over time, as opposed to photojournalism’s real-time coverage of breaking news and events. By deepening our understanding and emotional connection to stories, documentary photography can capture and sustain public attention, and mobilise people around pressing social and human rights issues.
The course offers contextual knowledge together with the technical skills and project planning skills. The course will cover all areas of documentary photography, from its origins and working photographers to setting challenges for each participant to think about their photography and the development of their project.
What you will need
- A digital camera with manual controls, or film camera.
- We recommend you complete ‘Level 1: Introduction To Your Digital Camera’ and ‘Level 2: Develop Your Photography Skills’.
What you will learn
- Gain knowledge of documentary photography, its origins and working photographers.
- How to start and plan a documentary project.
- The technical, conceptual, environmental and visual skills required for documentary photography.
- How to develop a substantial portfolio of professional standard work with the help and guidance of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
- How to go about self-publishing your completed project.
For more information contact Conor at [email protected]
- Health and wellbeing