Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
Platinum Training Institute
During the qualification learners will cover the following:
• Further knowledge of anatomy and physiology applicable to personal training.
• Nutrition for exercise, health and fitness.
• Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
• Effective communication skills for client consultations to encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and strategies for change.
• Skills to plan and conduct physical activity sessions with different types of clients in a variety of environments with a range of resources.
• Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
• How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to.
• How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.
- A suitable Level 2 qualification in Gym Instructing.
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and maths involved, so learners should have basic skills in communication and maths pitched at level 2 (as a minimum)
This qualification is comprised of six mandatory units.
- Unit 1 – Applied anatomy and physiology for exercise, health and fitness
- Unit 2 – The principles of nutrition and their application to exercise and health
- Unit 3 – Understanding lifestyle, health, well-being and common medical conditions
- Unit 4 – Encouraging positive health and fitness behaviours in clients
- Unit 5 – Programme design and delivery for personal training
- Unit 6 – Professionalism and business acumen for personal trainers
- Health and wellbeing