Level 2 Food Safety - Derry/Londonderry
Global Horizon Skills Ltd
Did you know that there are more than 500,000 cases of food poisoning in the UK each year? Our Level 2 Food Safety course will help your business
EU and UK regulations state that all food handlers must receive appropriate training in food safety practices relevant to their duties. However, having a good understanding of food safety practices is not only a legal requirement, it is also essential in protecting the health of both consumers and food handlers.
The QA Level 2 Food Safety is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification for people working, or planning to work, in the food catering industry. The qualification is also ideal for those who come into contact with food handling due to their work.
Successful candidates will gain a strong understanding of the importance of food safety, including correct food handling practices and measures to reduce the risk of contamination.
- The Importance of food safety
- Food safety laws
- Legal responibilities of food handlers
- Types of contamination and the associated risks
- Food poisoning
- Foodborne illnesses
- An introduction to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Personal hygiene
- Work flow, work surface and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Waste disposal
- Pest Control
- Safe food handling practices including time and temperature controls
- Cooking and reheating
- Hot holding
- Displaying food
- Core Temperatures
- Food preservtion
- Stock control procedures
The candidates who would need to undertake Food Safety Training are, restaurant chefs, takeaway workers, cafe staff, waiters, hospital workers, childcare workers, anyone who will be handling food in the work place.
Our next course:
- Date: 16th November
- Location: Catalyst Inc., Bay Road, Derry / Londonderry, BT48 7TG
- Start Time: 9:30am
- 6 Hour Course
- Ofqual Regulated
- Refresher training recommended every 3 years
- Other Information: Each candidate will receive a Qualsafe certificate on completion of training. There is free parking at the venue and there is also a cafe which candidates may make use of.
For More information on food standards in Northern Ireland, go to: https://www.food.gov.uk/northern-ireland/safetyhygieneni