Online / Virtual Training/Advice
Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing
Platinum Training Institute
The purpose of this qualification is to enable learners to develop the knowledge and skills so they can engage, facilitate, educate and support clients in a gym or health club environment. Completing this qualification allows learners to access Gym Instructor jobs. *This Course is completed via Blended Learning (Home Study and Tutorials). *As this is a Practical based qualification you will need to be available to travel to our offices in Queen’s University Belfast, Northern Ireland for practical tutorials and assessments. *This is a Blended Learning qualification that can be started at any time.
Learners must be aged 16 plus. Ideally they should have some experience of gym-based exercises as participation in a variety of gym-based practical sessions will be required throughout the qualification. Learners should also have communication skills pitched at level 2 which can be developed during the course.
The learner must complete:
- Unit 1 – Anatomy & physiology for exercise & fitness instructors
- Unit 2 – Providing a positive customer experience in the exercise environment
- Unit 3 – Lifestyle management & health awareness
- Unit 4 – Gym-based programme planning and preparation
- Unit 5 – Gym-based programme delivery and professional instruction
- Health and wellbeing
Date and Time
Level 4, Queen's University Belfast, Physical Education Centre
email: [email protected]
phone: 028 9543 4321