Level 1: Black & White Photography
With our own photographic history being built on black & white film, we recognise the importance of this medium and how these skills link to digital photography, from picture taking to post production and the final print.
This course will be run over 2 x three hour sessions starting with picture taking, through to editing, processing, and printing your negatives. We also look at composition and taking images in full frame capturing the entire scene and obtaining correct exposure and metering techniques. The image taking skills are mirrored in our post-production learning.
What you will need
- No requirements. We provide all of the equipment and materials. Though, you can bring your own camera.
What you will learn
- Understanding the composition, focusing, metering and exposure when picture taking.
- Choosing the correct film for the correct picture taking.
- How to correctly process a roll of black & white film.
- Looking at ISO levels and grain in film and how to use them.
- How to produce a high quality prints from your processed negatives.
For more information contact Conor at [email protected]
- Health and wellbeing