Legal & Practical Aspects of Handling Complaints and Avoiding Litigation in Practice (Frontline Staff, Middle & Senior Managers)
Association for Real Change NI
Trainer: Rosemary Wilson
Complaints handling is everyone`s business in an organisation. When complaints are handled thoroughly and carefully in a professional, transparent and timely manner, litigation is often avoided.
This course addresses both the current law and good practice in relation to complaints handling in N. Ireland as well as professional standards including Department for Health NI and RQIA requirements. Contemporary research, guidance and references will be utilised throughout the course.
By the end of the course the learners will:
- define their personal legal and professional accountability, in relation to complaints handling, in the health & social care setting
- describe good practice and communication skills required in the management of a complaint
- describe the processes involved in investigating a complaint, including appropriate documentation
- discuss the challenges and difficulties which could be experienced in the management of a complaint
- discuss relevant regional guidance, professional standards and legislation in relation to the handling and management of complaints
- discuss the Role of the Northern Ireland Public Services Ombudsman in relation to complaints handling
- discuss appropriate Department for Health NI and RQIA Requirements in relation to complaints handling.
Cost ARC Members £45.00 | Non-Members £60.00
Location ARC NI Offices