Lagan Dragons weekly paddle
Lagan Dragons Dragon Boat Club
Our mission is to provide opportunities for those affected directly or indirectly by breast cancer to participate in Dragon Boat paddling, which in turn helps support and develop their emotional wellbeing while achieving overall improved general health and fitness.
- to encourage those who have been diagnosed with and treated for breast cancer to lead full, happy and active lives
- to raise awareness about breast cancer and the BRCA gene
- to provide support and friendship to team members
- to demonstrate the benefits of an active lifestyle through the sport of dragon boat racing
- to offer support to the family and friends of members who have been affected indirectly by breast cancer
- to promote an interest in dragon boat racing and maintain its traditions
- to encourage a high standard of participation in the sport, through the formation of new crews both BC and Non-BC and racing in dragon boats in regattas
- to organise social and competitive charity events to increase club awareness and raise club funds
- to celebrate our lives and have FUN!
- to encourage those who have been diagnosed with and treated for breast cancer to join Lagan Dragons so that they can benefit from regular exercise in a fun team environment
- to raise awareness of breast cancer in women and men of all ages
- to support Lagan Dragon members, family and friends through challenging times
- to motivate, support and encourage everyone about the benefits of an active lifestyle through the sport of dragon boat racing
- to increase our public profile with local media
- to raise funds for Lagan Dragons by holding charity events
- to laugh and celebrate our lives every day!
Currently, we paddle once a week from Belfast Boat Club on Saturday mornings at 8.45am from March to October, and during the winter months, we continue our fitness regime with dry land training.
Our training caters for all levels of fitness and competence – we strive to improve everyone’s overall fitness and, while there is a competitive element to our training, everyone is encouraged to join in and train to their own level and abilities.
We invite you to come along any Saturday morning, meet us and have a go!?
- Community development
- Community relations
- Health and wellbeing
- Older people
- Volunteer development