Keeping Adults Safe: Training for Staff/Volunteers
This is a FREE* 1 day certificated course (Downpatrick, 17 February 2015, 10.00am - 4.30pm) for those working/volunteering with vulnerable adults. It is being held in Downshire Hospital, Training Room 1, Ardglass Road, Downpatrick BT30 6RA.
This course covers:
- awareness of vulnerability;
- legal context of adult safeguarding;
- awareness of abuse issues;
- procedures for reporting concerns;
- procedures for planning activities and assessing and managing risk;
- confidentiality issues; and
- code of behaviour for staff/volunteers.
The training will raise awareness of vulnerability and assist voluntary, community and independent organisations working with vulnerable adults to achieve the minimum standards of best practice as outlined in the publication 'Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults - A Shared Responsibility'.
PLEASE NOTE: This training will be provided for Voluntary, Community and Independent sectors and a maximum of 5 participants from any one organisation will be accepted on to each training course.
* Cost: This course is provided free of charge through support received from the Health and Social Care Board.
Cancellation policy Should you need to cancel your booking, there will be no charge if written notice is received 5 working days before the course. Volunteer Now regrets that if written notice is received less than five working days before the course, a £10 cancellation charge will be made. Please note for free courses - a cancellation charge of £10 will still apply if no notice, or less than 5 working days notice is given.
Date and Time
Training Room 1