FREE: Legal & Practical Aspects Of Capacity And Consent (Frontline Staff, Middle & Senior Managers)
Association for Real Change NI
Trainer: Rosemary Wilson
This course addresses both the current statutory and common law in relation to consent in N. Ireland as well as professional standards including Department for Health NI and RQIA requirements. Contemporary research, guidance and references will be utilised throughout the course.
By the end of the course the learners will:
- define their personal legal and professional accountability, in relation to consent in health & social care
- list the essential elements of a valid / legal consent or refusal for care
- describe the processes involved in obtaining a legal and valid consent including appropriate documentation & record keeping
- define “decision-making capacity” in relation to health & social care
- discuss the procedures involved where a client does not have sufficient decision-making capacity to make their own decision
- discuss the involvement of family and carers in consent processes
- discuss relevant legislation, common law and professional standards
- discuss the Department for Health NI and RQIA Requirements in relation to Capacity and Consent.
Cost Community/Voluntary and Private FREE | Statutory Providers £85
Location ARC NI Offices