Financial reporting to the board (Training)
The financial health of a charity is the collective responsibility of all the Trustees, so it is important that all trustees, and not just those with financial acumen, are assisted to understand the finances and financial procedures of the charity. Having appropriate and timely reporting on financial matters should help trustees to become more engaged in discussions around the finances.
This session will cover financial matters which the board should be considering including:
- setting and monitoring reserves
- setting of budgets
- reporting on variances in the budget
- management accounts
- reporting on grants and contracts
- financial procedures policy
- annual audit/independent examination
- reporting to regulators and funders
Who should attend
- Office Bearers and/or other board members interested in improving governance
- Senior staff who report to board
For a full list of upcoming NICVA training, visit our website: www.nicva.org/training.
NICVA members receive 30% off all training and NICVA services. Find out more about becoming a member here (free to small groups).