Film Photography Level 2: Printing Your Negatives
This course will teach you advanced techniques to produce high quality prints from your processed negatives. You will learn how to achieve the correct exposure and tonal range of your print, how to set the correct printing and split grades, how to pre-flash the paper, and an overview of the different papers available for printing.
What you will need
- You must bring your own processed 35mm negatives.
- We recommend you complete ‘Level 1: Black & White Photography’.
What you will learn
- Process your roll of film to contact sheets.
- Produce an edit from your contact sheets.
- How to achieve the correct exposure and tonal range of your print and how to enhance certain aspects of the image.
- Set the correct printing grade and split grade.
- Pre-Flashing the paper and printing on different papers (e.g. resin, coated, single grade, multigrade and fibre papers).
- Gain knowledge of printing with traditional black and white darkroom techniques.
For more information contact Conor at [email protected]