FGM: Raising Awareness and Understanding
Developed with expertise gained over more than 30 years’ of working directly with survivors of sexual violence, this training will explore the cultural factors that influence FGM practitioners and defenders, the prevalence of FGM globally and in Northern Ireland, myths and stereotypes around FGM, legislation, policy and safeguarding procedures relating to FGM, survivor stories and the impact of FGM on individuals, families and communities.
1. To increase understanding of the nature and impact of FGM
2. To increase understanding of the cultural significance of FGM, and associated challenges
3. To increase awareness of the prevalence of FGM
4. To improve confidence in agency and individual responses to FGM
5. To increase knowledge of legislation and policy relating to FGM
Time: 10am – 1pm (Registration 9:45am)
Venue: 119 University Street
Tea and coffee will be provided at this event. Please be aware parking can be difficult, ensure to leave plenty of time to find parking.
To secure your place, book through Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/female-genital-mutilation-raising-awareness-and-understanding-tickets-84586000003
If you would like to be kept up to date with future training opportunities, please email [email protected] to register to our mailing list.
- Community development
- Community relations
- Young people