Creating a Photobook
The three-week ‘Creating a Photobook’ course, developed and delivered by photographer Christopher Barr, will guide you through the process of creating a contemporary photobook. This course will cover initial ideas, photographic terminology, editing and sequencing, publishing and marketing, printing and binding, expectations of production costs, and other issues you may encounter when producing a photobook. During the course there will be a guest speaker discussing the joys and follies of their photobooks.
We will provide instructions and one-to-one support for participants who need help accessing the online platform (Slack) used to upload and share your photographs throughout the course.
What you will need
- A body of photographic work in the form of a portfolio, project or series.
- Access to Slack (desktop/mobile app) to upload and share your photographs with the tutor. Slack is very user-friendly, and we can provide one-to-one support if you require any assistance in using the app.
What you will learn
- An insight into the world of photobooks.
- The steps to create a well-considered photobook.
- How to edit, select and sequence your images
- Participant lead discussion and critique
- The process and details from paper choices to printing options.
- Publishing and marketing – how to get your photobook out there.
- Guest speaker (20-minute show and tell).
For more information contact Conor at [email protected]
- Health and wellbeing