Conference: Making the most from the Trustees' Annual Report
The Trustees Annual Report (TAR) must include information on how a charity has fulfilled its charitable purposes and other specific information. It is an opportunity for charities to demonstrate, not just to the Charity Commission, but to its members, beneficiaries, donors, funders and other stakeholders how they are making a difference to the very people that they are there to help.
This conference will give participants the opportunity to hear about:
- The legal requirements for content and reporting to regulators
- What happens if you don’t report properly, including serious incident reporting
- Using inspiring impact for public benefit reporting
- Getting your reserves policy right
- What funders look for on the charity register
- Developing a governance planning framework
- Jenny Ebbage, Partner, Edwards & Co Solicitors
- Sandra Bailie, Head of Organisational Development, NICVA
- Frances McCandless, Chief Executive, Charity Commission for Northern Ireland
- Charles Mesquita, Quilter Cheviot
- Brenda McMullan, Executive Director, Halifax Foundation for Northern Ireland
- Denise Copeland, Governance & Charity Advice Manager, NICVA
Who should attend:
Anybody who sits on the board of a charity (charity trustees) or works with or advises charity boards.
This conference is kindly supported by Quilter Cheviot and will finish with lunch.
For a full list of upcoming NICVA events, visit our website: www.nicva.org/events