Child Sexual Abuse Awareness
Developed with expertise gained over more than 30 years’ of working directly with survivors of CSA and sexual violence, this workshop will explore the nature and scope of CSA in Northern Ireland, the impact CSA can have on survivors, the importance of our role in supporting a victim, signs and symptoms, short- and long-term trauma. It will also explore the psychology of child sexual abusers, to help participants better understand the need for preventative action as well as intervention.
1. To increase understanding of the nature and impact of Child Sexual Abuse
2. To increase awareness of the prevalence of CSA in Northern Ireland
3. To improve awareness of the barriers to reporting
4. To increase awareness of the experience of survivors
5. To increase understanding of how to support survivors of CSA
Time: 10am – 5pm (Registration 9:45am)
Venue: 119 University Street
Cost: £60 pp
Tea and coffee will be provided at this event. Lunch will not be provided. Please be aware parking can be difficult, ensure to leave plenty of time to find parking.
To secure your place, book through Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/child-sexual-abuse-awareness-tickets-84586692073
If you would like to be kept up to date with future training opportunities, please email [email protected] to register to our mailing list.
- Children and families
- Community development
- Community relations
- Young people