3rd Level – Court Proceedings for Rent & Mortgage Arrears (NEW)
During the session we will:
- Discuss agreements available to the Courts when ruling on cases
- Explain the process when enforcing a Possession Order
- Discuss how the Court process can impact on a clients future rehousing, including the Intentionality test within the Housing Selection Scheme.
Who should attend this training course?
- generalist advice workers
- constituency office staff
- community/residents groups
Why should they attend this training course?
This training course provides further knowledge which builds on our other debt courses which address rent arrears (in both the Private and Social rented sector) or mortgage arrears. This session will assist anyone who is supporting someone dealing with arrears.
The course will also explain the ‘next stage’ in the process if negotiations with landlords are unsuccessful and covers the processes followed within the Court system.
Our suite of debt courses
This course is part of our current suite of debt courses which will equip participants with the knowledge and skills needed to provide vital support to clients during the current climate. Other courses in our debt suite include:
- Advice services
- Housing and homelessness
Date and Time
The Skainos Centre,
239 Newtownards Rd,