NICVA is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This privacy notice outlines how we treat personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us. NICVA is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as ‘Northern Ireland Council for Voluntary Action, 61 Duncairn Gardens, Belfast BT15 2GB’.
Information we collect
Any information you provide will be carefully protected and stored in our secure database. We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information including your name, address, job title and function, organisation, email address, telephone number, fax number, and other details you provide.
- Information that you provide voluntarily on our websites (www.nicva.org, www.communityni.org, www.grant-tracker.org, www.fundraisingni.org). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services, posting or contributing material to our websites or requesting further services.
- Information on your visits to our sites including your IP address and the resources that you access.
- Data from completed surveys for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out with and services provided by NICVA.
- A record of our contact with you (online, in person, by telephone, fax, etc) stored on our database to help us deliver our services to you more efficiently.
- Images, video and sound recordings. NICVA may take photographs/video/sound recordings at its events for use in printed and electronic media, including the internet, for promotional purposes. Some images or recordings may be selected for permanent preservation in NICVA’s Archive as a record of the voluntary and community sector and may be used for research, publication, education, displays and exhibitions.
How we use your information
We will use your information to:
- Provide you with information, products and services that you request from us or that we feel may be of interest to you, where you have given permission to do so.
- Allow you to contribute to interactive sections of our website and online communities.
- Provide appropriate online content and improve our websites.
- Contact you occasionally in relation to our surveys/research.
- Assist with NICVA’s organisational planning and maintenance of organisational records.
- To supply to third parties as outlined below.
We may share limited information (organisation name and contact details) with carefully selected third parties for the sole purposes of providing you with other services or benefits or in connection with research in the voluntary and community sector. These third parties will be required by NICVA to comply strictly with its instructions.
IP Addresses and Cookies
|NICVA website session cookie||
Follows the pattern SESS plus 32 random numbers and letters
A session cookie to store your session id, this cookie is unique to your visit and is required for logging into the site or using the support, comment and booking forms on the site.
|AddThis sharing cookies||
psc, uvc, uid, di, dt, loc, uit
AddThis: Twitter widget
These cookies enable the sharing features to work on NICVA's website. The AddThis feature allows you to easily share links to articles you like via sites such as twitter, facebook, delicious, etc. Find out more on the AddThis website.
Find out about Twitter's use of data here.
|Google Analytics cookies||
Follows the pattern __utm plus a letter, eg __utma
If you do not wish to accept cookies you can activate the appropriate settings on your browser, however, you may be unable to access some parts of our sites. To find out more about cookies and how they can be turned off, visit www.aboutcookies.org. We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
How we store your data
The data that we collect from you will be securely stored on our premises at NICVA, 61 Duncairn Gardens, Belfast BT15 2GB and backed up on external servers stored within the EEA. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted and we use the PayPal service for online transactions. Where we have given you, or where you have chosen, a password which enables you to access our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Your rights and opting out
You may ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you do not want to receive information from third parties please email [email protected] with the words “Marketing unsubscribe” in the subject field. Please make clear in the email if you would like to continue to receive information from NICVA.
Changes to our privacy notice
- writing to the Information Officer, NICVA, 61 Duncairn Gardens, Belfast BT15 2GB
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.