The Cedar Foundation is seeking to recruit the following staff member:
YOUTH OFFICER – Western Health & Social Care Trust REF: 19/150/YO-WHSCT/WEB
The Youth officer will be responsible for promoting the inclusion of children and young people with disabilities, autism and brain injury into a broad range of mainstream activities by developing their social and emotional skills to enable them to participate in their local community.
Hours: 37 Hours per Week (This will include evening & weekend work)
Location: Community Services – Children and Young People Western Health & Social Care Trust
Salary: 4 point incremental scale starting on £22,462 per annum
- 3rd level qualification: NVQ 4 / Degree or equivalent in Youth & Community or another relevant discipline
- Minimum of 1 years’ paid experience of working directly with children and young people
- 2nd level qualification to NVQ 3 or equivalent in Youth & Community or another relevant discipline
- Minimum of 3 paid years’ experience as above.
- Demonstrate an ability to inspire, motivate and gain trust of children and young people
- Knowledge of Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Ability to use initiative, solutions focused
- Effective communication skills to meet the needs of the post in full
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to meeting the objectives of the job.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Hold a full current driving license valid for use in the UK and Ireland and have access to a car on appointment.
This criterion will be waived in the case of a suitable applicant who has a disability which
prohibits them from driving but who is able to organise suitable alternative arrangements in
order to meet the requirements of the post in full.
- Experience of delivering personal development programmes
- Experience of developing arts-based activities, community/environmental projects, residential activities, outdoor education and sporting activities
- Experience of working with children & young people with disabilities
- Experience & understanding of the barriers in relation to disability
- Good working knowledge of IT, specifically Microsoft Word & Outlook
- Facilitation and group work skills
Apply online from the below website: https://cedar-foundation.getgotjobs.co.uk/home
Closing Date: Monday 25th November @ 23.59
THE CEDAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER