Youth Club Volunteer
You will work alongside the Youth Centre Coordinator, part-time staff and other volunteers in supervising activities, games and group work which supports the social and emotional development of young people aged 9-18 years.
At Carrick YMCA we know our success comes from the passion, skills and dedication of our staff and volunteers. That is why we strive to nurture and empower them to grow and achieve. We will provide induction training which will include child protection and health and safety. We offer our volunteers the opportunity to develop leadership, communication and interpersonal skills as well as the chance to earn youth work and other relevant qualifications. Travel expenses may also be reimbursed.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Support the social and emotional development of young people aged 9-18 years
- Assist the youth club staff team to maintain and improve existing programmes
- Arrive in sufficient time to make sure activities are set up and ready to run (approx 15 minutes before youth club starts)
- Ensure a safe, sociable environment for young people to attend
- Work as part of a team to supervise activities and deliver group work sessions
- Ensure high standards are maintained in relation to health and safety and hygiene
- Undertake compulsory induction training and participate in appropriate training to develop new skills
- Commit to volunteering for a minimum of one session a week (a minimum of 3 hours in the afternoon or evening)