Workplace Health and Wellbeing Co-ordinator (3 posts)
The successful candidate will be responsible for engaging with small, medium and large workplaces with employees who are at risk of poorer health outcomes. The candidate will seek to gain senior management and employee commitment to develop, facilitate, deliver and evaluate a 3-year workplace health and wellbeing action plan based on employee need. This will be facilitated using a whole systems approach demonstrated by the World Health Organisation (WHO) Healthy Workplace Model.
- Identify and prioritise small to medium sized workplaces for involvement in Workplace Health & Wellbeing Support programme, who have employees at higher risk of poorer health outcomes.
- Gain commitment from workplace senior management teams, through excellent communication and relationship building skills to invest in long-term health of employees in line with WHO Healthy Workplace Model.
- Plan, develop and deliver an effective workplace health and wellbeing support programme.
- Plan and deliver training and networking events to support Workplace Health Champions.
- Advise, support and mentor Workplace Health Champions on methods of improving workplace health and wellbeing.
- Promote and deliver NICHS Well NI Health Promotion services that complement the workplace health and wellbeing action plan, including Well Talks, Well Checks and Well Mind.
- Achieve KPI & targets set by the Public Health Agency (PHA) funded workplace health and wellbeing support service, producing reports as required.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with partner organisations to compliment workplace health and wellbeing support programme, e.g. Trusts, Councils and voluntary/community organisations.
- Ensure consistency in the delivery of the programme by working in consultation with PHA and partner service.
- Support ongoing marketing of the Workplace Health & Wellbeing programme, working in partnership with the programme manager and with NICHS communications and marketing department.
- Review and develop health promotion resources and literature that supports delivery of employee health programmes.
- Collect, record and store data in line with GDPR from workplaces in line with NICHS Impact framework and contractual KPIs.
- Comply with all NICHS and Health Promotion policies, processes and procedures ensuring delivery of a high-quality service.
- Support NICHS campaigns and activities to raise awareness of chest, heart and stroke signs/symptoms and how to reduce risk.
- Maintain close working and communication with other departments within NICHS to help achieve the overall aims and objectives of the charity.
- To represent NICHS on external groups, conferences, as required
- Engage fully with the values of NICHS.
- Undertake any other duties or activities that fall within the scope of this role.
The successful candidate should be able to travel as required including infrequent overnight stays and unsociable hours.
Corporate Services Support Officer
21 Dublin Road