- We are looking for a Wellbeing Practitioner to work across both our Young Adult Carers Support and NI Regional Young Carers services.
- These services aim to identify, engage with and support young and young adult careers aged between 8 and 25 years.
- We now have a new position for a Wellbeing Practitioner to join our team focussing on how we can support our service users' mental health and resilience.
- This exciting new role is offered on a full time basis, initially for 2 years.
You will make a difference by:
Supporting carers to strengthen and improve their mental health and resilience.
Delivering programmes to young people on a 121 and group basis.
Working out in the community but also in the home and online as required.
Working alongside the Practitioners in the Young Carers and Young Adult Carers service.
You will need:
- NVQ Level 3 or above, in Health and Social Care/ Youth Work
- Experience of working with children and young people aged 8-25.
- A thorough understanding of Safeguarding.
- Experience of working within a multi-agency social care, early years or health environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Registration with NISCC is required.
- Access to a car. The job requires the ability to travel according to the needs of the job, with reasonable adjustments, if required, according to the Equality Act.
The way we work
We work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.
For safe and happy childhoods
At Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 600,000 children and families across the UK.
Please note: Interviews are planned to be held on Friday, 17th December 2021.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
Loughshore House, 10 Heron Road
Please quote reference number 6374 in any enquiries and to apply follow the link at the top of the page.