Walking Volunteer County Tyrone
Help our members keep active
Many of our members don’t have the confidence to leave the house alone but would love the opportunity to stretch their legs. Due to their sight and hearing loss they can find it hard to keep themselves active.
We are looking for fit, active volunteers who can help our members get out locally, offering them the support of interesting walking routes and giving them the confidence they need to get outside.
It’s amazing what a bit of fresh air and a change of scenery can do!
Who we’re looking for?
We are looking for individuals who share our same care values and those who are:
- Patient and friendly volunteers to help our members remain a part of society and greatly benefit the quality of their lives.
- Good conversationalists and natural talker to engage with our members and relieve their loneliness.
- Engaging individuals who are able to take part in fun activities to improve our members quality of life and fitness.
- Willing to learn more about Deafblindness and guiding/communication techniques (full training is provided)
- Able to commit to regular walks or meetings
Do you need experience?
No ….Simply a kind heart and some spare time. We match volunteers to our members based on shared interests to ensure a great foundation for a strong lasting companionship. You will need to be physically fit and able to walk distance.
What will you get out of it?
It's a direct way to make a difference to a deafblind person’s life
You will be supporting a great cause, while giving something back to your community
You will build a new friendship and have the opportunities to learn new skills
We will offer you full training, support and guidance throughout your volunteering experience with Deafblind UK
Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs.
Qualities and Skills we are looking for:
- We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable Volunteers
- Good communication skills, particularly with regard to conversational skills
- To be reliable and have a genuine interest to make a difference in lives of deafblind people
- Patience and a warm and friendly attitude
What will we ask for in return?
We will need to undertake two references and a DBS check before this role can start
You will need to be over the age of 18 years to apply for this role
Then we want to hear from you...
Please click on the ‘Apply’ button and complete the short application form, alternatively to find out more you can contact our Volunteer Recruiter on 01733 358100
or visit our website https://deafblind.org.uk/join-us/volunteer