Volunteer: Singing for the Brain Group Support, Clogher
Singing for the Brain provides a structured group session for people living with dementia. The service is designed around the principles of music therapy and singing. It offers the opportunity for social interaction in a safe and supportive environment.
What will I be doing?
- Helping set out the room in an agreed layout
- Putting out signage
- Preparing and distributing simple refreshments
- Helping clean up the room after the group
- Welcoming and talking to people
- Supporting the group leader by issuing song books, starting of songs/movements and encouraging participation
- Supporting the collection of feedback
Is this role for me? Do you...
- Have experience or interest in music and movement
- Have good communication skills
- Like to work as part of a team
- Can volunteer on a regular basis
- Have a knowledge or a willingness to learn about dementia and its impact on people
- Recognise the importance of confidentiality and can show this in practice
If you would like to find out more or apply for this role please contact Rosario Mc Hugh, Volunteering Officer at [email protected]