Volunteer: Driver, Banbridge
The volunteer driver role is essential to support people living with dementia to attend activities within our Side by Side service.
What will I be doing?
- Providing a safe, comfortable and reliable travelling experience for those using our Side by Side service
- Interacting with service users ensuring travel information is communicated effectively
- Advising service users with securing seat belts
- Volunteering in line with policy and procedures
Is this role for me?
- You will need a full UK driving licence and must be able to provide proof of vehicle insurance and safety checks
The role may be suitable for you if ....
- you enjoy driving and talking to people
- have good listening and verbal communication skills
- are punctual and reliable
- know about or are willing to learn about undertaking risk assessments
- recognise the importance of confidentiality and can show this in practice
- have a basic understanding or are willing to learn about dementia and its impact on people
- are comfortable to follow policies, procedures and guidance.