VOLUNTEER CO-ORDINATOR - RAPE CRISIS SERVICE NI (RCNI)
The Volunteer Co-ordinator will be a key member of the Rape Crisis Service for Northern Ireland and will be responsible for supporting and supervising the team of RCNI volunteers. The post-holder will build effective working relationships with Women’s Centres, the wider women’s sector and other stakeholders for the purposes of creating a strong and supportive Rape Crisis Service for Northern Ireland.
- To provide regular, structured support and supervision to volunteers to ensure a healthy and effective support team
- To support the training, assessment, induction and probation of new volunteers
- To develop and build a good communication network within the team of volunteers and ensure information and matters relating to volunteer activity is monitored and recorded, i.e., volunteer expenses, training schedules, client interactions etc.
- To support RCNI’s business plan objectives with our volunteering and outreach projects
- To work collaboratively with volunteers, survivors of gender based violence and external agencies to ensure the support and advocacy provided effectively meets the needs of service users
- To provide and continuously refine and develop support systems for volunteers to ensure a healthy and supportive organisational culture
- Review, develop and implement support protocols and practice to ensure the provision of a high quality, responsive regional support service
Women's Support Network
109-113 Royal Avenue