Voluntary Group Chairperson/Organiser (Banbridge )
What tasks can this role include:
Voluntary groups are run by a team made up of lead volunteer roles in a committee structure including Chairperson/Group Organiser, Secretary and Treasurer. Depending on your role you will be individually or collectively responsible for some of these tasks:
- Planning and co-ordinating activities for the group to undertake, including inviting speakers, artists or booking outings.
- Welcome speakers, new members and visitors to the group ensuring an inclusive environment is provided.
- Chairing meetings, including an annual review meeting, to discuss the management of the group, including taking minutes and circulating agendas.
- Recruiting and supporting volunteers in the group working with the regional Stroke Association staff to ensure they are supported and inducted to their group role.
- Responding to any correspondence the group may have, including keeping local and regional Stroke Association staff informed of the activities of the group.
Community Space, Tesco Extra