The Cedar Foundation is seeking to recruit the following staff member:
Support Workers, Days & Nights REF: 21-042-SW-WBLO-WEB
The Cedar Foundation deliver a range of services that enable people with disabilities to get the most out of life and to be fully included in their communities. Our services are centred around the individual needs of each person and are delivered throughout Northern Ireland.
Cedar is working in partnership with Choice Housing & Radius to provide Supported Living Service to adults over the age of 18 with a learning disability at a range of sites including bungalows and apartments across West Belfast with West Belfast Living Options. The extent of support provided ranges from 1hr to 24 hrs per day, with support and guidance in all daily living tasks including, personal care, leisure and social skills and household management.
The Support Worker is part of the team whose responsibility is to meet the practical, physical and emotional needs of individuals in receipt of services within the Cedar Foundation Living Options.
Through a key worker system, they will also have involvement in the delivery of individual care plans
As well as an excellent benefits package the Cedar Foundation also offer you a unique opportunity to progress your skills and experience through our commitment to the development of our staff team with training and learning opportunities.
Hours: Various contracts available
Location: West Belfast Living Options, 151 Glen Road Belfast, BT11 8BS
Hourly Rate: £9.29 per hour
- Numeracy & literacy (English language) skills
- Demonstrable evidence of 6 months experience of providing physical care / support for individuals.
- Available to work on a rota basis.
- Registered or willing to apply for registration with the N. Ireland Social Care Council. Once offer of employment has been made, applicants must register with NISCC. (Payment of NISCC registration fee will be reimbursed by Cedar)
- Starting on 28 days leave (pro rata) in each leave year (inclusive of public and statutory holidays)
- Cedar offer an enhanced auto-enrolment pension scheme consisting of 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution.
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Investor in People Champion with commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities
- Recognition & reward incentives aligned to high standards of performance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access 24/7 Doctors Line
- Health Cashback scheme
- Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers
Apply online at: https://cedar-foundation.getgotjobs.co.uk/home
Closing Date: 19th April 2021
THE CEDAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Successful candidates will be appointed following satisfactory Access NI and other pre-employment checks. This Post is subject to an Enhanced Access NI check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from working with The Cedar Foundation. This will depend on the nature of the position, together with the circumstances and background of your offences or other information contained on a disclosure certificate.