SUPPORT WORKERS (ALL SERVICES)
“At MACS young people are at the heart of what we do. We encourage an interdependent way of living. We see the value in making mistakes. We actively encourage personal and professional development so that our young people and staff can reach their fullest potential”.
Interdependence: MACS recognize that as social creatures, we cannot exist totally independently from others.
Personal Growth and Development: We invest in our staff and young people, challenge their thinking and encourage training to increase skills and knowledge.
Risk Taking and Making Mistakes: Our ethos and belief is that it is OK to make mistakes and by examining what went wrong, we can improve and use the learning.
Self Determination and Autonomy: MACS employ experienced and skilled staff that we trust to make appropriate decisions to work effectively and safely with our young people.
Judging Others: MACS recognizes that judgements are natural, however we ensure that ours are examined and explored in a way that results in a positive outcome for all.
Communication: We have a friendly, relaxed, engaging and warm attitude that fosters positive communication between young people and the organization as a whole.
Trust and Integrity: We earn trust from young people and other professionals by consistently delivering top quality services, underpinned by a core value of trust and integrity.
Involving yourself: MACS welcomes input from all staff and young people and encourages participation in having your say and embracing new opportunities.
How we do things around here..
- No dress code
- You must take a lunch break
- We all eat together when we can
- There is no deference towards managers, we are all equally important in carrying out the work
- We get to know each other
- There are no set times for breaks, as long as you get the work done
- Come up with ideas and we will try to see if they can be implemented
- Make your space your own
- Have a laugh
SUPPORT WORKERS (ALL SERVICES) - FULL TIME, PERMANENT
Newry, Downpatrick, Lisburn and Belfast Supported Housing Services (Move in to Move On) provides supported housing for young people who are homeless or leaving care to make the transition to interdependent living and their own tenancy.
NOTE: These roles are predominantly Waking Night shifts.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY POST HOLDER:
- 1 year of experience working with young people aged 16-25 in a supported housing, residential or hostel setting or similar environment
- Understanding of how trauma and adverse childhood experiences can impact on the behavior of young people aged 16-21
- Ability to support young people (16-21) to make transition into adulthood and interdependent living.
- Ability to support and manage young people (16-21) who present with aggressive / threatening behavior
- Ability to support and manage young people (16-21) who abuse substances
- Can develop own approach to practice based on reflection and feedback
- To be resilient and compassionate in a challenging environment
- A full current driving licence and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full.
Hours of Employment: Full Time. Shifts include Waking Nights, Weekends, Bank Holidays and occasional Day Shifts. Typical Working Pattern is subject to change.
Salary: £18,285 per annum & pension at 4% of salary
Closing Date: Thursday 4th April 2019 at 09.30am
To obtain an Application Pack please: find full Job Description and online Application Form on our website or email [email protected] for more information.
Attractive Terms and Conditions!
At MACS we value staff work life balance. We offer many Flexible Working Options, Family Friendly Work Arrangements, 30 day + stats leave entitlement, competitive Maternity Leave and Sick Pay Package.
We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
These are just some of the many benefits of working with MACS!
We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015, 2016 and 2017. We have attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing and Gold Awards and are Irish News Awards Workplace Wellbeing Winners 2017!