Support Group Helper - Newry & Mourne Support Group Parkinson's UK
Local groups are run by volunteers who usually have experience of Parkinson's and are supported by professional staff. The Newry & Mourne Support Group are currently looking for helpers to attend their monthly meetings and help organise speakers and activities.
The local group network offers friendship and support to everyone living with Parkinson's, their families and carers.
As a Support Group Helper you can provide a valuable contribution in a variety of ways, such as:
• contributing ideas for fundraising, activities and potential speakers
• working at a local level to promote the group and Parkinson's UK
• supporting other volunteers and members during busy periods
• setting and clearing up after group meetings
• assisting at events, which may include serving refreshments, handling registrations and raffles