Skills for Industry Trainer Assessor in Business Administration (3 Posts)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver teaching, learning and assessment in the relevant sectoral area
- To identify work placement opportunities for programme participants
- Provide a support and mentoring service for programme participants
- Develop and maintain relationships with employers to identify opportunities and ensure participants on the programme are placed accordingly
- Design and develop resources for learning in the area of specialism ensuring that technology enhanced learning is used where possible.
- Visit learners in the workplace to deliver teaching, learning and assessment towards their targeted qualifications.
- Complete participant reviews, provide feedback to relevant stakeholders and input progress updates into the project review tracking system.
- Complete documentation on teaching, learning and assessment in line with college systems and awarding body requirements within designated timescales.
- Manage their caseload to ensure retention and timely achievement in line with programme performance targets.
- Be familiar with the operational requirements of the Skills for Industry programme and other funded DfE projects
- Record all activity with employers on the relevant management information systems.
- Contribute to and participate in the department marketing and recruitment events, and other appropriate events.
- Seek, receive, monitor and record all necessary documentation from employers, DFE and support staff to ensure completion of participant tracking, claims and records.
- Ensure that the workplace meets general Health & Safety requirements and bring any issues that require attention to the Skills for Industry Project Lead
- Ensure that all accidents are reported and recorded according to College procedures and Health and Safety Executive procedures within the required timescale
- Ensure that the employer has current Public and Employer Liability Insurance for the duration of the participant in training and that a copy of insurance is held on file
- To comply with internal and external quality control mechanisms and internal and external verification and monitoring
- To monitor attendance and report any noncompliance of students within funding or assessment regulations.
- Participate in team meetings and case conferences where appropriate
- To promote, implement and ensure compliance with all statutory obligations and College policies and procedures in particular the College’s Equality Scheme and Equal Opportunities Policy and actively promote equality and good relations in all aspects of college business.
- Any other duties as required by the Skills for Industry Project lead and the Centre Manager for Skills & Apprenticeships.
Further Education is an ever changing service and all staff are expected to participate constructively in College activities and to adopt a flexible approach to their work.
Note: No job description can cover every issue that may arise within this post at various times and the post holder is expected to carry out other duties which are broadly consistent with those contained in this document. The job description will be reviewed and varied periodically by Management in the light of the business needs of the College
If you have queries call HR on 02890265370 or email [email protected]
HR Department Castlereagh Campus
Castlereagh Campus, Montgomery Road
For more information on this post and to access an application form please visit Belfast Metropolitan College's website using our online recruitment portal