Side By Side Volunteer( Across Down and Lisburn and Newcastle)
This role will suit you if you are…
- Passionate about supporting, enabling and empowering people with dementia and have a committed, flexible approach
- Good verbal communication and listening skills, especially face to face
- Happy to volunteer individually and remotely, yet understand you are part of a larger team
- Willing to volunteer within service boundaries and to learn new skills
The impact you’ll make...
- Reduce Isolation: Your role will enable people with dementia to be less lonely or isolated
- Help people with dementia to keep doing the things they love by giving them confidence and person centred support to stay involved or find new hobbies and interests.
- Providing one to one support to enable people with dementia to continue with their hobbies and interests or engage in new ones.
- Share your own skills, hobbies and interests to shape opportunities for people with dementia.
- Liaising with the Side by Side coordinator on a regular basis, including changes or concerns regarding the service user, as well as discussing your personal learning and development needs.
This role does not provide personal care, such as cleaning, washing or physical support
How to apply…
Contact Ruth Woodfield Volunteering Officer on 0289038748 or [email protected]
or download , complete and return the registration form attached.
Ruth Woodfield [email protected]
Market House, 16 The Square,