The Cedar Foundation is seeking to recruit the following:
The Short breaks Project Worker will enable young people to access a range of fun activities in their local area in a one to one or small group setting. It may be attending a local youth club, educational play such as arts and crafts and music sessions or supporting the young people in sporting or other leisure activities. The Project Worker will provide personal care and transport to young people where necessary, and this may include some manual handling tasks.
Hours: 37 Hours per Week
(Due to the nature of our work with young people, the majority of the Outlook Service is delivered late afternoons, evenings and weekends).
Location: Belfast Health & Social Care Trust area
Salary: Commencing on £20,092 per annum pro rata
- Starting on 20 days annual leave pro rata plus Cedar recognises 12 statutory days
- Annual incremental pay increases on a 3-point salary scale
- Cedar offer an enhanced auto-enrolment pension scheme consisting of 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution.
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Investor in People Platinum organisation with commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities
- Staff recognition & reward incentives aligned to high standards of performance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access 24/7 Doctors Line
- Cashback health scheme
- Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers
- RQF level 2 or equivalent Health & Social Care, Youth & Community Work or related field
- Minimum of 6 months experience providing support to young people
- Proficiency in IT skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work independently
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Current registration with NISCC or willing to complete registration once appointed
- Hold a full current driving licence valid for use in the UK and Ireland and have access to a car on appointment as driving is a substantive part of the role*
* You will be required to work in the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust area, therefore you must have the flexibility to travel within this area for the completion of service delivery.
*Successful candidates will be required to use their own personal vehicle to provide transport to children and young people
*This criterion will be waived in the case of a suitable applicant who has a disability which prohibits them from driving but who is able to organise suitable alternative arrangements in order to meet the requirements of the post in full as driving is a substantive part of the role.
Apply online at: https://cedar-foundation.getgotjobs.co.uk/home
Closing Date: 24th January 2022 @ 4pm
Interview Date: Wednesday 2nd February 2022
THE CEDAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER