Outlook Project Worker REF: 19/163/OPW-SE/WEB
The Short Break Service provides one to one social and emotional support to children and young people, to enable them to develop friendships and access social and recreational opportunities at home or within their local community, whilst providing parents and carers with a regular short break.
The Outlook Project Worker will provide personal care and transport to young people where necessary and this may include some manual handling tasks.
Hours: 37 Hours per Week
(Due to the nature of our work with young people, the majority of the Outlook Service is delivered late afternoons, evenings and weekends).
Location: South Eastern Health & Social Care Trust Area Down/Lisburn
Salary: 3 point incremental scale starting on £19,554 per annum
- Basic qualification to RQF level 2 or equivalent Health & Social Care, Youth & Community Work or related field
- Minimum of 6 months experience providing support to young people
- Ability to work independently
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Hold a full current driving licence valid for use in the UK and Ireland and have access to a car on appointment*
- Current registration with NISCC or willing to complete registration once appointed
*Successful candidates will be required to use their own personal vehicle to provide transport to children and young people
- Starting on 20 days annual leave pro rata plus Cedar recognises 12 statutory days
- Annual incremental pay increases on a 3-point salary scale
- Cedar offer an enhanced auto-enrolment pension scheme consisting of 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution.
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Investor in People Champion with commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities
- Staff recognition & reward incentives aligned to high standards of performance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access 24/7 Doctors Line
- Cashback health scheme
- Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers
Apply online at: https://cedar-foundation.getgotjobs.co.uk/home
Closing Date: Monday 16th December 2019 @ 12:00pm
THE CEDAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER