Male Support and Relief Support Workers- Newry
Positive Futures is the leading charity for people with a learning disability, acquired brain injury or autistic spectrum condition and their families.
- Do you believe that people with disabilities have the same rights and choices as everybody else?
- Are you caring, kind, compassionate and patient?
- Would you like to help people achieve their dreams?
We have currently an exciting opportunity at our Southern Area Housing Support Service. The Southern Area Housing Support Service supports 24 individuals across Armagh, Banbridge, Craigavon, Moy and Newry. We provide Peripatetic Housing Support Services for people who already have their own tenancy. These services generally offer a lower level of support than that offered by our Supported Living Service and sometimes for a shorter term. We are looking for a:
Male Support Worker*
10 hours per week
£9.25 per hour
Male Relief Support Worker*
Hours allocated on an as and when required basis
£9.16 per hour
*Gender in this vacancy is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with Article 10(2)(b)(i) of the Sex Discrimination (NI) Order 1976 (as amended).
Travel mileage is included. Areas of support cover 'Southern Area' from Dungannon - Armagh - Warrenpoint – Banbridge
- Experience providing care or support for someone*
- Full driving licence**
* This does not need to be formal experience and is not limited to experience supporting someone with a learning disability. This criteria is met if the applicant can demonstrate experience such as caring or supporting a child, family member or friend, volunteering or completing a work placement which included care or support.
**Some of the people we support have Motability cars and therefore require a Support Worker who can drive. This criterion is though waived for candidates unable to meet it due to disability.
If you can give us a commitment to put the people we support first, we can give you
- Holiday allowance up to 33 days per year
- 4% pension contribution (for eligible staff)
- Employee discount card
- Loyalty benefits
- Generous sickness and maternity pay
Apply online: www.positive-futures.net before midnight on Friday 2nd July 2021.
Positive Futures reserves the right to enhance the shortlisting criteria. Only the information provided on the application form will be considered for shortlisting.
For more information please contact Mary McVeigh on [email protected]
8 Savages Terrace, Corry Square