Male Senior Support Worker, Belfast
• Do you believe that people with disabilities have the same rights and choices as everybody else?
• Are you caring, kind, compassionate and patient?
• Would you like to help people achieve their dreams?
We have an opportunity at our Short Break Service in Belfast:
Male* Senior Support Worker
Varied shift pattern to include evenings and weekends
*Gender in these vacancies is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with Article 10(2)(b)(i) of the Sex Discrimination (NI) Order 1976 (as amended).
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team supporting an individual preparing to transition into the Supported Living Service in Belfast. You will continue to support this individual in their new home.
If you can give us a commitment to put the people we support first, we can give you:
• Holiday allowance up to 33 days per year
• 4% pension contribution
• Employee discount card
• Loyalty benefits
• Generous sick pay
- Support people to live the lives they want in their own homes
- Work in a team to deliver support on a 24 hour shift schedule
- Take part in Person Centred Supervision and Appraisal with Line Manager and carry these out with Support Workers.
You will have:
- At least 2 years’ experience of supporting people within a social care setting
- A full, valid driving licence* (to meet requirements of driving Motability cars)
- Experience of:
o assessment, development and implementation of Person Centred Care / Support Plans
o using behaviour management strategies
o assessing/managing risk
*This criteria is waived for candidates unable to meet it due to disability.
To find out more and apply online, please visit www.positive-futures.net/jobs/current-vacancies before midnight on Sunday 10 June 2018
Interviews will be held Monday 18 June 2018.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
Registered with the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland (NIC101385).