Life & Work Project Co-ordinator
Funded by the National Lottery Community Fund, Age NI and Business in the Community have formed a partnership to challenge and support older workers and employers to address an ageing workforce as a key workplace issue. We are delighted to invite applications for the following new post which is based in Belfast. This exciting post provides an excellent opportunity for someone who possesses the passion and commitment to work in a progressive organisation and help us achieve our vision - a world where everyone can love later life.
Life & Work Project Co-ordinator (fixed term from May 2019 to March 2024)
The main purpose of this role is to co-ordinate and deliver mid-career reviews to support older workers to remain in work and/or return to work in line with the [email protected] strategy
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- To lead the development of a mid-career toolkit and digital platform for individuals
- Encourage and support older workers to undertake mid-career reviews
- To carry out age-focused skills audits to identify areas of support for individuals
- Provide career advice and guidance to individuals
- Coordinate public awareness campaigns for the [email protected] project
- Review, monitor and evaluate key project outcomes with a focus on risk management
- Maintain and develop partnerships with national / local organisations to facilitate [email protected] and identify opportunities
Applicants must have the following experience:
- Relevant experience providing career advice and guidance to individuals
- Supervisory experience
- Experience managing volunteers (desirable)
Applicants must have the following essential knowledge:
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of organisational and project management involving leadership styles, team work, quality assurance, information management, creativity and lateral thinking
Applicants must have the following essential skills:
- Ability to use project management processes and tools
- Ability to build positive and constructive working relations with key partners
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- A positive team player
Applicants should have a recognised qualification in career guidance and advice or equivalent experience.
Applicants must have a full driving licence and access to a car for business purposes or access to a form of transport that will meet the travel requirements of the post. The successful applicant must be able to travel across NI with occasional overnight stays in GB
What Age NI can offer you:
Salary Scale: £26,610 - £28010 per annum (pro-rata)
Hours: 28 hours (4 days) 9am – 5pm, with flexible working policy
Fixed Term Contract to 31 March 2024
Annual Leave: 26 days plus 12 Bank Holidays (pro-rata)
Health Shield Cash Plan
Age NI reserve the right to enhance the essential criteria to facilitate shortlisting.
For an applicant pack, please e-mail [email protected], apply online at www.ageni.org or telephone the People & Development team on 028 9024 5729.
Closing date for completed applications is Friday 26 April 2019 at 4:00pm.
Age NI is committed to recruiting fairly. An application form enables us to compare applicants and for that reason we cannot accept CVs. Age NI is committed to providing equal opportunities to everyone.
Age NI Head Office
3 Lower Crescent
3 Lower Crescent