- Part Time, 30 hours per week.
- Work as part of a friendly team in a supportive and caring environment
- Enjoy access to a range of company benefits including pension, healthcare plans and more
About the role
As a Kitchen Assistant your focus will be to assist the head chef to deliver catering needs that meet nutritional and hydration needs, special requirements and preferences of our residents.
Duties will include:
- Assist the chef with all areas of cooking including offering a variety of high-quality foods and menus including home baking and comforts
- Assist with some food preparation tasks and cooking basic meals
- Prepare, present and serve / deliver food and refreshments, ensuring awareness of special needs for modified diets
- Plate and present food in an appealing manner and to a high-quality visual standard according to individual requirements
- Rotation of dated foods for disposal, manage correct systems for coding food and maintain Menu Boards
- Follow maintenance schedules, use of equipment; and reporting any faults with equipment to maintenance through appropriate documentation
- Ensure that the kitchen is maintained to a high standard including, hygiene and quality and you will help to maintain external standards/regulations (eg) environmental health; NI Code of Practice (Food Law); HACCP; Belfast Central Mission’s policy & procedure on Health & Safety
As an employee of Belfast Central Mission, you will be provided with ongoing personal and professional development, career pathways opportunities, a positive and supportive workplace culture alongside a range of staff benefits including:
- Health and Pension Plans
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Paid Uniforms and Mileage
- 20 days holiday leave plus public holidays
Belfast Central Mission are an award winning, not-for-profit organisation, providing services including supported housing to all ages, residential aged care, retirement living, community services, counselling, and day care services across Northern Ireland. Copelands is Belfast Central Mission’s flagship project, providing market leading care for Northern Ireland.
If you meet the criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
To work at BCM, you will be required to supply proof of work rights, an Enhanced AccessNI check and a Medical Questionnaire.