IMPACTAgewell® Project Officer x 2 roles (Ballymena & Carrickfergus)
Full Time | Permanent contract - Click on link to apply -
Salary: £21,589 per annum
Working Hours: 35 hours per week over 5 days
Annual Leave: 20 days per year, plus 12 public holidays.
Due to their ongoing expansion plan to cover all GP Practices within Mid & East Antrim over the next 5 years, Mid & East Antrim Agewell Partnership (MEAAP), based in Ballymena, wish to recruit 2 IMPACTAgewell® Project Officer these positions will be located in either Ballymena or Carrickfergus.
The successful candidates will work within hub teams including General Practitioners, Community Pharmacy and Northern Health & Social Care Trust Staff to provide empathetic and sensitive emotional support to older people with long term health conditions via a personalised health and wellbeing action plan. When appropriate, connect them to internal and external services thereby supporting independence and improving quality of life.
MEAAP anticipates that the appointee will meet the following essential criteria:
- A recognised 3rd level qualification in health promotion, allied health profession or community development work, with 1 years’ experience of working in the field of health and / or community development. OR 3 years full time experience of working in the field of health and / or community development.
- Proven experience of working with a client centred context.
- Previous experience of working in a hub environment.
- Ability to work sensitively in difficult emotional circumstances with empathy, compassion and understanding.
- A professional approach and ability to work independently, planning and delivering casework expectations to a high level.
- Team working skills with flexible and adaptable ‘can do’ attitude to work.
- Ability to manage a diverse caseload on a day to day basis.
- Knowledge of a person-centred approach or innovative models of working with people at times of lifestyle change.
- Full driving licence and access to a car for business purposes or access to a form of transport that will meet the travel requirements of the post.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends if required.
- Previous experience within a charity.
- Experience of assessing and identifying the health & wellbeing needs of older people.
- Knowledge and understanding of service provision for older people provided by statutory and voluntary agencies including MEAAP, local older people groups and health & social primary and secondary care services.
- Knowledge and understanding of care planning and assessment best practice.
A full job description and person specification is available to download.
The post holder will be subject to an enhanced Access NI check.
MEAAP is an equal opportunities employer.