Housekeeping Assistant (Casual/Relief)
Main Task of Job:
- To carry out cleaning duties in Kirk House as designated by management, ensuring high standards.
- To ensure each resident’s flat is thoroughly cleaned and to be respectful of their property when in the flat.
- To be responsible for the cleanliness of all communal areas, cleaning stores and equipment (including wheelchairs etc).
- To advise in the ordering of cleaning supplies and equipment, ensuring a suitable supply of washing powder and cleaning materials. To also ensure the economic and safe use of resources and equipment.
- To assist in other areas of Kirk House, e.g. kitchen and laundry as may be required by management, or in the absence of other domestic staff.
- To assist with serving meals to residents and to ensure the servery is clean and tidy after each meal.
- To contribute to the overall purpose of Kirk House by having an appropriate level of interest in the residents.
- To work as a member of the Team and contribute to its overall effectiveness.
- To promote develop and maintain good public relations for the service.
- To attend and participate in meetings as required.
- To have strict regard for the confidentiality of any information which may be passed on.
Health & Safety:
- To read, understand and adhere to your personal copy of BCM’s Staff Health and Safety handbook.
- To be alert to any possible danger either from defects in premises or equipment and to bring these to the attention of senior staff. In the event of any immediate danger, to take appropriate action to reduce risk of physical injury to either residents or staff.
- To keep work place and work space in a clean and tidy manner.
- To bring to the attention of senior staff any untoward incident affecting the residents.
Development of Self and/or Others:
- To undertake training and development relevant to the post and take part in supervision/ feedback sessions and annual appraisals with your Line Manager.
- To contribute to the Learning of others by helping with Staff/Volunteer inductions, taking an active role in team meetings and sharing ideas and knowledge
- To maintain Confidentiality at all times
- To read, understand and adhere to and promote BCM policies and procedures at all times.
- To maintain accurate, up-to-date and tidy records as required.
- To prioritise own workload and manage time to ensure tasks are completed in a timely fashion and quality is not compromised.
- To ensure the economic and safe use of resources and equipment.
- In line with BCM’s Whistle Blowing Policy to bring to the attention of your Manager (or relevant other) any concerns regarding the behavior of staff, volunteers or others which could put at risk the safety or security of BCM Service users, Staff, Volunteers, the public or any of BCM’s resources or property. This includes breaches in procedures or sub-standard quality of work.
Equality & Diversity:
- To recognize the importance of People’s rights and act in accordance with legislation, policies and procedures.
- To observe and adhere to BCM’s Equal Opportunities Policy ensuring a neutral environment is maintained.
- To adhere to BCM’s harassment policy and maintain a harmonious working environment in which bullying or harassment does not occur.
Promotion of BCM:
- To Work alongside and support where relevant and appropriate the work and role of volunteers in BCM.
- To promote a positive and professional image of BCM at all times.
- To participate fully in the work of BCM fundraising events as possible.
- To work flexibly.
- To undertake other duties as required by your Manager.
The above list is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organization and the overall business objectives of the organization.
- Experience of cleaning duties.
Skills & Communication
- Able to use initiative.
- Able to work in a team.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Good level of written and spoken English.
- Caring, sensitive, respectful approach to older people.
- Good attendance at work.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations.
- Cleaning in a residential home.
5 Glengall Street
110 Kings Road
BCM is an Equal Opportunities Employer