First Connect Carer Support Volunteer
First Connect Carer Support volunteers provide support to carers by providing respite support to older people.
What will you be doing?
- You will be matched with a local older person and will liaise directly with them/their carers to arrange meetings/visits
- Meet with your service user in their home and keep them company for between for the allocated sitting hours depending on the carer’s needs
- Aim to reduce loneliness and isolation
- Build confidence
- Attend group outings with other volunteers and service users
- Report back to the First Connect Carer Support coordinator
Each of our service users have specified how long for and when they would like a volunteer. We will do our best to match you with someone who has the same availability as you.