First Connect Carer Support Volunteer
First Connect Carer Support volunteers provide support to older people, helping to reduce isolation and loneliness.
What will you be doing?
- You will be matched with a local older person and will liaise directly with them to arrange meetings/visits
- Meet with your service user in their home and keep them company for between two and three hours depending on person’s needs
- Aim to reduce loneliness and isolation
- Signpost to community supports
- Build confidence
- Attend group outings with other volunteers and service users
- Report back to the First Connect Carer Support coordinator
The role is very flexible and can be tailored to suit you and your service user. Each of our service users have specified how long for and when they would like a volunteer. We will do our best to match you with someone who has the same availability as you.