Foyle Women’s Aid is going through a period of change and growth, with the planning and development of the Foyle Family Justice Centre. The Finance Administrator post represents the need for a broad mix of finance and administrative skills, with strong business acumen.
The Finance Administrator will assist the Financial Controller in the day-to-day running of the Finance Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and record transactions on Sage 50 Accounts ledgers
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintain and record petty cash transactions on Sage 50 Accounts system
- Payment of outstanding invoices (by cheque/BACS), ensuring receipts are received for each item of expenditure and are properly filed
- Input invoices/payments onto Sage 50 Accounts system
- Record monies received by cash/cheque and make lodgements to bank
- Record cash/cheques received onto Sage Accounts 50 system
- Maintain NIHE rent and service charge accounts (invoicing and payments) for all service users and input into Sage Accounts 50 system
- Liaise with NIHE Area office regarding queries of Housing Benefit payments as required
- Assist with the financial monitoring of funded projects within the organisation
- Assist with the completion and evidencing of financial returns to funding bodies
- Liaise with statutory auditors on an ad-hoc basis as required
- Assist with ordering of goods and services within the Organisation
- Maintain stock of accommodation units and offices within the Organisation
- Assist in recording and maintaining project/organisational statistical information
- Assist in the administration and recording of recruitment information
- Possession of an Accounting Technician qualification or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience in the provision of office/administration support
- At least 2 years’ Finance experience, including:
- Maintenance of financial records
- Processing of income and expenditure
- Preparation and analysis of budgets
- Experience in the use of accounting software, e.g. Sage 50 Accounts
- Competence in MS Office and report-writing
- Possess good organisational skills, ability to perform tasks and prioritise work
- A good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, making sure tasks are clearly understood and taking personal responsibility for dealing with queries
- Provide attention to detail and the personal motivation to perform your role to the highest standards
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience in the provision of relevant office/administration support
- At least 3 years’ Finance experience, including the maintenance of financial records, the processing of income and expenditure, and the preparation and analysis of budgets
- Experience of writing funding applications
A full driving licence and use of a car are also essential for business purposes. You will also be subject to an Enhanced Access NI Check and you may, on occasion, be required to work unsocial hours, including evening and weekend work.
24 Pump Street
Women’s Aid is a woman-only organisation and the lawful recruitment of a female(s) for the post(s) falls within exemption stated in Article 10 (2B & 2E) of Sex Discrimination (NI) Order 1976.
Women’s Aid is a registered charity, supporting Equal Opportunities Policies.