Do you want to contribute to giving children the best possible start in life?
Would you like to work for a vibrant and dedicated organisation supporting families in the Colin area?
Gain knowledge and experience in a multi-disciplinary environment and be part of a passionate team?
We offer excellent terms and conditions, a pension with the employer contributing 6%, numerous continuous professional development opportunities and much more.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Sure Start is a government health programme that provides a range of support services for parents and children under the age of four, who live in disadvantaged areas across Northern Ireland. It aims to support parents from pregnancy and to give children the best start in life. Colin Sure Start covers the wards of Colin Glen, Derriaghy, Kilwee, Poleglass and Twinbrook in outer West Belfast.
The role of the Family Coordinator:
- To develop quality Family, Fathers, ESL & Grandparent services to support the delivery of the Sure Start programme within the Colin Sure Start area.
- To build capacity, promote and enhance family support practice and experiences for families and parents.
- To identify and work in partnership with the voluntary and community groups within the catchment area of the Colin Sure Start project to develop and promote best practice in family support.
- Lead, develop and strategically manage the Family Team, Fathers, ESL and Grandparents services at Colin Sure Start, supporting the aims and objectives of the Sure Start programme.
- Manage and allocate referrals and information received according to Sure Start protocols and assess the appropriate level of provision i.e. Sure Start services or signposting to more targeted or specialist services and implement individual programmes of care according to need.
- To coordinate the delivery of Family, Fathers, ESL & Grandparents groups, activities and events and to monitor and evaluate all such activities to ensure they meet identified need while offering a holistic approach to the Project’s work with the family.
- To be responsible for the provision of a varied programme of facilitated parent support groups and family support programmes as well as home based support and services.
- To ensure a child-centred and welcoming environment at all Colin Sure Start’s programmes and activities.
- To establish supportive relationships with parents enabling them to develop their children’s potential and to develop and deliver programmes that promote and actively encourage parent-child interaction.
- To enhance the role of parents/carers in children’s development; recognising, supporting and encouraging them as children’s first educators.
- To provide an inclusive service and to support the engagement of all parents including those in challenging circumstances or who are harder to reach.
Line Management Responsibilities
- To manage and support the Family Team, Fathers Worker and ESL/Grandparent Worker, ensuring delegation of tasks, performance management, absence management, regular supervision and annual appraisals are undertaken.
- To participate in staff recruitment and selection, staff induction, mandatory training, staff development, team meetings, supervision and appraisals as required for self and others.
- Ensure full team are aware of, and act in accordance with all relevant regulations, policies, procedures, guidelines, protocols and codes of conduct.
- To arrange or provide appropriate training to staff to ensure the safe and effective delivery of all aspects of programme and service delivery.
- Identify and address any Family Team staffing issues and liaise with the Project Coordinator.
- To act as a member of the Leadership team within Colin Sure Start, participating in and contributing to regular Operations Team Meetings.
- To work collaboratively and develop positive working relationships with community providers and partners, liaising with parents/carers, professionals and other community projects in relation to the needs of children and families.
- To develop and strengthen Family, Fathers, ESL and Grandparent networks in the area.
- To contribute to the development of Colin Sure Start policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, ensuring regular reviews are completed.
- To regularly monitor and evaluate programmes, compile reports and provide recommendations for development to the Project Coordinator and Management Committee.
- To contribute to the strategic planning for the delivery of the Family services and create reports and other publicity materials including online and through social media platforms..
- To manage and oversee any budgets and complete procurement requisitions, as required, allocated to the Family Team, in collaboration with the Project Coordinator and Finance Manager.
- To Coordinator the planning, preparation and facilitation of Colin Sure Start events in collaboration with the wider Colin Sure Start team.
Unit 21, Dairy Farm Centre