Early Years Assistant- Belfast
Mencap Children’s Centre provides a programme of play, therapy, care and education for 2 – 3 year olds with significant developmental delay. The post holder will assist with the provision of a stimulating, caring and therapeutic play environment. Working alongside the multi-disciplinary team, including the Family Support team and other professionals to ensure each child can reach his/ her potential outcomes. They will work safely and in compliance with our internal and external requirements so that the people we support can trust and feel safe and confident in the support we provide them.
We have 2 opportunities for Early Years Assistants within our wonderful team based in Belfast. The contracts we have available are-
• 35 hours per week fixed term until 31st August 2022 (extension depending on renewed funding)
• 30 hours per week fixed term until 31st August 2022 (extension depending on renewed funding)
You will have
- Knowledge of child development and providing a programme of play, care and education
- Childcare qualification at QCF Level 3 or equivalent in Child Care, Learning and Development or Playwork, or a relevant occupational qualification
- A minimum of 1 years' experience working with families and children aged 0-4
- Recent experience working with children with additional needs is desirable
Please note: The children's centre is open only during term times and employees only work 47 weeks of the year
Interviews will be held virtually between the 29th September and 1st October.
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap!
Job ID : 22862