Digital Inclusion Trainer
Supporting Communities is an independent charitable organisation that champions tenant and community participation by developing groups, supporting active citizenship and building cohesive communities. We promote best practice in community participation in Northern Ireland through a grassroots approach to community development, providing tailored support, advice, information and training to new and existing community groups, statutory and voluntary organisations. We work to empower society through engaged, confident, sustainable and inclusive communities.
The Outreach and Navigation for Social Inclusion & Digital Engagement (ONSIDE) programme is a cross border project led by Disability Action NI (DANI) in partnership with the Northern Ireland Housing Executive (NIHE); the Centre for Independent Living (CIL); and Supporting Communities (SC). It seeks to improve the life outcomes of people with disabilities living in the border region of Northern Ireland and Ireland by creating a new cross border area community support service to support disabled people who are socially isolated.
Position: Digital Inclusion Trainer
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract: Fixed Term - 12 Months ending September 2022
The Digital Inclusion Trainer will provide a comprehensive digital training and support service to individuals with disabilities across the border regions as part of the ONSIDE Project.
The successful applicants must have the following:
- At least 2 years recent (ie within the last 3 years) relevant experience of developing and delivery of training, in relation to IT and Digital Inclusion
- Knowledge of current government policies and procedures in relations to Digital Inclusion which have an impact at a local level.
- Project management skills and IT skills including the use of training equipment.
- Excellent communication, written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Hold a full current driving licence with access to a car.
- Highly motivated and a commitment to high standard of professional practice.
- Flexible attitude to work and ability to attend work outside normal working hours.
- Excellent organisational ability
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work as a team member.
Application packs can be downloaded at supportingcommunities.org: or by emailing [email protected]
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 12 Noon on Monday 9th August 2021.
Interview date: Tuesday 17th August 2021 via Zoom
Supporting Communities is an equal opportunities employer