Tasks and responsibilities
- To collect members from their homes and transport to our regular Empowerment Groups and other ad-hoc activities at agreed times
- Where required, to escort members into the venue upon arrival
- To chat to members on route, helping them to feeling welcome and comfortable
- To collect members at the agreed time and escort home again
· Friendly, positive, and approachable
· Ability to be empathetic, patient, and calm
· Good communication skills
· Committed to upholding members confidentiality
· Good time keeping and reliable
· Clean driving licence and access to a safe, well-maintained, and insured car
Ideally, we are looking for individuals who can commit to supporting between one and four times a month.
We need drivers across Northern Ireland for regular and ad-hoc opportunities. The Omagh Groups meet on Wednesday mornings therefore drivers available during this time are preferred.
If you are ready to make a real and lasting difference in your community for people living with dementia, please call Amy on 07734 373602 or email [email protected] to take the next step in your volunteering journey
· This role may be subject to a standard enhanced level ACCESS NI check. The role offers mileage and reasonable expenses cover as agreed with your volunteer recruitment manager.