Reports To: Project Manager/ Service Manager
Salary: Points 19-21, £19, 275 - £20,708 per annum.
Employee Benefits: Pension, Benenden Health, Health Shield, Death in Service Benefit, Generous Annual Leave Entitlement, Access to an extensive training calendar.
Department: Homelessness Services
Location: Portadown and Armagh
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Reasonable hours outside of this may be required to fulfil the duties of this position.
Organisation Values: Our values are fundamental to how we work with clients and each other. We are driven by our values of being non-judgmental, existing to support our clients and meet their needs, being trustworthy and focused on ending homelessness and being dedicated to the people we support.
Job Purpose: To effectively plan and deliver a high quality catering service to clients of Simon Community NI.
1. City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery (or equivalent)
2. Basic food hygiene certificate
3. 1 years’ experience at a Cook grade or higher, that includes food preparation and cooking.
4. Experience of maintaining Health and Safety and hygiene standards.
5. Effective communication skills.
6. Proven ability to work with limited supervision and be able to undertake a range of routine tasks.
7. Proven ability of managing a budget and planning menus to meet the needs of the clients.
1. Valid driving license and access to a car or other form of transport to undertake duties associated with the role.
2. One year’s full time relevant experience either in accommodation or community based services, working directly with individuals and/or families with complex needs.
3. Level Three Food Hygiene Qualification