Centre for Skills and Apprenticeships Trainer Assessor Business Admin & Finance
Duties and Responsibilities
- To recruit learners to targeted caseload.
- To develop and maintain relationships with employers to secure apprenticeship growth opportunities and to ensure a target caseload is achieved and maintained.
- To design and develop learning resources for the specific professional and technical area ensuring that technology enhanced learning is embedded where possible.
- To identify and capture employer training need requirements in order to ensure that tailored work based training is planned, delivered and assessed which meets the diverse requirements of the relevant professional and technical area.
- To ensure employers fully understand their roles and responsibilities to support the training process.
- To adhere to the operational requirements of ApprenticeshipsNI programmes, other funded projects and commercial training options available to employers.
- To ensure quality of work is compliant with the contractual requirements for the delivery and assessment of ApprenticeshipsNI programmes, Awarding Organisations and College quality standards.
- To seek, receive, monitor and record all necessary documentation from employers, DFE and academic training and support staff to ensure completion of learner tracking, financial claims and associated compliance records.
- To engage with learners in the workplace to deliver teaching, learning and assessment towards their training framework/programme.
- To provide induction for learners to ensure awareness of correct procedures and requirements in line with the provision.
- To manage own learner caseload to ensure retention and timely achievement in line with BMET’s SLA and performance targets.
- To complete learner reviews, provide feedback to relevant stakeholders and input progress updates into the college PTP and learner review tracking system.
- To provide a mentoring service in conjunction with other relevant personnel.
- To complete documentation on teaching, learning and assessment in line with College systems and awarding body requirements within designated timescales.
- To record all engagement with employers on the relevant College systems.
- To interact with teaching, training and support teams to ensure successful completion by learners within appropriate timeframes. To monitor attendance at directed training and report any non-compliance of learners within funding or assessment regulations.
- To comply with internal and external quality control mechanisms and internal and external verification and monitoring.
- To fully participate in team meetings and case conferences with cross-College teams.
- To ensure that the caseload employers hold current Public and Employer Liability Insurance for the duration of the apprentice period in training and that a copy of insurance is held on file, in line with DfE operational requirements.
- To process all relevant documentation regarding payment of employer bonus.
- To contribute to and participate in College marketing, recruitment and other appropriate events to support employer engagement and development of provision.
- To ensure that the workplace meets general Health & Safety requirements and bring any issues that require attention to the Centre Manager for Skills & Apprenticeships.
- To adhere to the College’s Student Discipline Policy and Procedures regarding trainee discipline and process the necessary paperwork to the appropriate external contacts.
- Any other duties as required by the Centre for Skills & Apprenticeships management team.
Further Education is an ever changing service and all staff are expected to participate constructively in College activities and to adopt a flexible approach to their work.
Note: No job description can cover every issue that may arise within this post at various times and the post holder is expected to carry out other duties which are broadly consistent with those contained in this document. The job description will be reviewed and varied periodically by Management in the light of the business needs of the College
If you have queries call HR on 02890265370 or email [email protected]
HR Department Castlereagh Campus
Castlereagh Campus, Montgomery Road
For more information on this post and to access an application form please visit Belfast Metropolitan College's website using our online recruitment portal