British Red Cross- Customer Service Volunteer- Coleraine
If you enjoy being in an office environment, are compassionate and like meeting people then this could be the role for you. Thanks to volunteers like you we can provide people in your local community with wheelchairs get moving after illness or injury.
What you will be doing
- Providing great customer service issuing wheelchairs/equipment and receiving returns.
- Using a computer-based stock control system.
- Demonstrating safe use of the equipment.
- Receiving payments / donations.
- Dealing with enquiries from people wanting to hire/loan a wheelchair or other equipment (online, phone and in person).
The skills you need
- Physically able to safely lift or move wheelchairs and other mobility equipment.
- Some customer service experience is desirable.
- Enjoy meeting people and good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and in a team.
- Good IT skills and able to complete on-line training.
- Able to commit to a regular shift on a weekly basis.
What’s in it for you
- Meet new people and be part of a dynamic and inclusive team.
- A great opportunity to use your existing skills or gain new ones.
- All training and induction for the role (there is no charge for training).
- Reasonable pre-agreed travel expenses for the role including for attending training.
- An opportunity to be part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation and the knowledge that you are making a positive difference to people’s lives.