Awareness Raising Group Volunteers - Belfast
What will I be doing?
· Attending meetings with other core VARG members and/or helping at awareness events with the planned activity/stall.
· Contributing ideas for awareness raising to be planned and carried out by the VARG.
· Researching local information and opportunities for further awareness raising.
· Helping to promote and market awareness raising activites – then keeping records of where literature has been sent to.
· You will be in close contact with your local Services Staff Members or Role Manager so all activities are clearly planned, agreed and executed in line with Society policies and procedures.
· Providing support to external awareness events, to be discussed with the Services Staff on a case-by-case basis.
· Promoting the services of the Alzheimer’s Society locally in a wide range of ways from the distribution of leaflets, booklets and posters, liasing with the media, through websites and social networking and by attending local groups, gatherings and community events.
· Depending on your experience and preference this may include public speaking, presentations and networking at events.
There will also be opportunities within the awareness raising group to take on areas of further responsibility, such as group leader/chairperson.